Job Title: Video Producer / Editor
Reports to: Creative Director
Status: Exempt, full-time
Join a highly creative and energetic in-house marketing group working on a wide variety of high production value video projects. We are looking for a talented video producer/editor to film and assemble footage into finished projects for internal use, as well as B2B and B2C marketing videos in the automotive industry.
- Create and develop multimedia content for customer stories, internal company announcement videos, external promotional social videos, product marketing videos, recruiting videos, corporate training and other company-wide projects.
- Develop and maintain filming resources network, DP’s, camera operators etc.
- Work independently, as well as part of a team to establish project deliverables. (Work directly with marketing managers and creative directors)
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency
- Define and maintain an effective workflow for editing and organizing files
- Catalogue and organize existing library of footage
- Plan video shoots; scout, select and reserve shoot locations
- Work with outside video resources when needed
- Select and hire additional crew and talent; direct and coach talent; make transportation arrangements for crew, talent and equipment; and ensure all location power needs are met
- Reserve and rent equipment when necessary
- Manage stock image/footage licensing
- Manage all legal releases, permits and permissions
- Manage budgets
- Manage the in-house green screen studio
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- BS degree in film studies, cinematography or related field is preferred but not required
- 5+ experience as a video producer and editor
- Excellent story telling through video editing abilities and a strong portfolio
- Experience with developing workflows and archive management
- Solid experience with digital technology including Mac OS and editing software packages (e.g. After Effects and Final Cut)
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Creative mind and strong storytelling skills
- Cinematic Drone experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe creative suite is a plus
- Must be able to travel up to 20% for filming across the continental US and during events, which may be located overseas
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and a comprehensive background check
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.