Autotrader, a Cox Automotive Brand, is currently looking for a Copywriter to join our Production Management team in Atlanta, Georgia.
Autotrader is looking for a creative copywriter to work on a variety of products across our digital experiences. The copywriter will collaborate with designers, product managers and project and delivery teams to craft content that is informative, conversational and easy for the audience (consumer or customer) to understand. This person will work with several teams at once and should be comfortable in those collaborative environments, while still working independently to complete copy assignments.
• Write appropriate, compelling copy for the range of Autotrader products and audiences.
• Work with several program teams at once to determine and deliver copy needs.
• Collaborate with UX designers, usability analysts and product managers to decide the best approach to content and produce copy that supports the overall consumer experience.
• Request and incorporate recommendations from the SEO team to ensure copy meets standards and optimizes search value.
• Translate business objectives into branding copy, messaging, labeling and other content.
• Adhere to voice, tone and style of content, depending on audience and placement.
• Diligently meet all deadlines.
• Organize and keep track of multiple products and projects concurrently.
• Evaluate existing site copy and identify optimization opportunities.
• Evangelize content strategy activities and progress.
• Participate in content efforts within UX in the areas of style, standards, communication, technology and craft.
• Help define and refine framework, guidelines and procedures for developing and producing content.
• Stay up-to-date on content strategy best practices through books, online research and relevant events.
• Take initiative to research and offer suggestions to content challenges.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Communications or equivalent experience.
• 2 - 3 years' of experience writing for digital platforms, including experience in creating headlines, subheads, links buttons and concise body copy.
• Great verbal and written communication skills, including perfect grammar.
• Great proofreading and editing skills.
• Ability to work well within multiple teams while completing writing tasks independently and under tight deadlines.
• Understanding of copywriting and content strategy best practices.
• Very familiar with AP style.