The Director of Content Creation and Placement is responsible for ensuring the DeKalb Medical story gets told through a variety of channels and methods for the overarching goal of positive brand awareness. The Director works closely with the Vice President of Marketing, Communications and Corporate Health, along with other communication and marketing management team to set priorities and facilitate a plan for writing, producing, placing and measuring the impact of stories to support DeKalb Medical brand awareness and preference, marketing and patient acquisition campaigns and internal engagement efforts.
- Determines infrastructure needs and builds infrastructure to support a robust Content function, which may include story intake tools, media databases, SEO support, social media monitoring, freelancer pool, tracking and measurement tools, etc.
- Identifies compelling stories, determines appeal to various audiences and manages placement schedules that result in favorable coverage and desired consumer actions.
- Monitors current events and identifies timely topics in order to capitalize on them.
- Establishes relationships with media representatives in print, television, radio and online news/education and meets established placement goals. Escorts media to and from interviews and video/photography shoots.
- Prepares spokespersons for media interviews by educating them about topic, reporter, interview process, story focus, recent news and other relevant background information.
- Serves on Emergency Management Committee, overseeing communications planning for disaster preparedness.
- Recommends and executes communication strategies in crisis situations.
- Creates weekly/monthly/annual media report and distributes to marketing and communications team.
- Monitors social channels, creates and manages posts as well as conversations when appropriate, and meets established engagement goals for Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube and Google+.
- Writes engaging and entertaining stories about DeKalb Medical, its employees and physicians, and meets goals for internal feature stories.
- Ensures marketing and communications colleagues are aware of story planning and development.
- Shares news and information relative to the leadership and staff of DeKalb Medical in a timely manner.
- Maintains archive of stories, talking points, fact sheets and About Us section of the Website.
Manages departmental staff and freelancers within established budget to facilitate effective services as follows:
- Recruits, selects, trains, and supervises departmental staff. Evaluates performance, making recommendations for personnel actions and motivation of employees to achieve superior performance.
- Oversees time and attendance coordination for assigned staff, including monitoring overtime and productivity
- Develops and monitors departmental budget. Ensures appropriate provision and utilization of departmental resources.
- Actively participates in setting, monitoring and achieving goals for the department
- Promotes and facilitates continuous quality improvement activities and teams.
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
Reports to: Vice President, Marketing, Communications and Corporate Health
Positions Supervised or Directed: Communication Coordinator and Freelance
Writers and Producers
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university in public relations, journalism, marketing or related field.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in writing engaging content, media relations, internal and external communications. Candidate should have a very strong portfolio of written and video content ,and documented success in building media relationships and securing placement.
- Proven track record managing a team.
- Experience managing outside freelancers and vendors.
Experience in hospital or healthcare environment preferred.
- Knowledge and skill to communicate professionally in writing with attention to grammar, diction, tone, spelling, punctuation and style for a variety of purposes and audiences.
- Experience optimizing content for search engine performance.
- Video production experience and knowledge, including scriptwriting.
- Photography skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work effectively under and meet deadlines while juggling several projects simultaneously.
- Skilled in researching information and identifying emerging trends in communication and content marketing.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, use of social channels, project management platforms, and content management systems.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and follow protocols for using patient information.
- Ability to remain calm in crisis situations.
- Ability to interact with people from all organizational levels and build consensus through negotiation and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently under general supervision.
- Ability to work with and contribute to the success of the team.
- Capable of effective verbal communication with a variety of people.
Passion, integrity and energy!
Skills, Knowledge And Abilities