Position Purpose: The Digital Content Copywriter reviews, edits and creates brand-relevant item level copy for the homedepot.com product information page including product name, marketing copy and bullet points. This role is responsible for accuracy of content, editorial consistency and correct brand positioning on top viewed products on the site. The Digital Content Copywriter must be adept at negotiating with internal stakeholders/clients to execute key deliverables with exceptional quality and proficient speed.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities
- 40%-Review/write and edit product copy to adhere with online data standards and brand guidelines for assigned categories/departments in a deadline-driven environment
- 40%-Proofread and ensure all messaging is error-free, on target and consistent with the department/organization's objectives and vision
- 10%-Stay abreast of industry writing, editorial trends and the competitive landscape for pure plays
- 10%-Work/communicate with leaders, team and vendors to improve copy guidelines
- Position reports to Sr. Editor, Item Copy
- No direct reports
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must pass the Drug Test.
- Must pass Background Check.
- Must pass pre-employment test if applicable.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Experience creating, editing and proofing copy and content, especially in the web medium
- Working knowledge of online advertising and ecommerce
- Previous employment in a retail environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, SharePoint, content management systems/WYSIWYG editors
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Ability to self-manage workload and prioritize deadlines
- Attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Adaptability to changes in process, technology, strategy
Nature And Scope
Environmental Job Requirements
Environment: Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Work Experience Required: 3
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities And Competencies