The Live Master Control Operator is responsible for monitoring and contributing to all technical broadcast activity, as well as for the operation of all Live Events, for their assigned network during their shift. The Live Master Control Operator is skilled in the technical execution of scheduled Live Events ensuring feed/signal integrity for air. The Live Master Control Operator provides support to the Live Operations Team by assisting with training initiatives and serves in various capacities inherent to the Live operations and overall broadcast environment.
- Responsible for Live Events and technically capable of patching, routing, and operating pertinent equipment in the network operations area.
- Proficient in Live Event recovery at the conclusion of each event to return Network playlist on time.
- Proficiency in all areas as it pertains to procedures and equipment.
- Responsible for FAX out of Live Transmission from site/studio.
- Consults with Teleport to confirm correct video/audio feed signal prior to air.
- Responsible for maintaining on-air integrity and continuity during Live Events and server play out.
- Aggressive monitoring of network transmissions for quality control.
- Solve/troubleshoot problems in a crisis situation, i.e., perform disaster recovery procedures.
- Assist with training and development of current and new Live Operators.
- Work with management team to create/update operating procedures.
- Provide shift relief for Broadcast Coordinators when necessary.
- Provides coverage for Paid Time Off days, etc., when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
- Required to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, overtime, and holidays.
- Minimum of three years’ experience with automation systems and broadcast equipment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented and able to manage multiple events simultaneously.
- Must have excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Proficient computer skills
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Successful completion of at least one year in a Live environment preferred.
Skills, Education and/or Certifications Required
- High School diploma.
Skills, Education, and/or Certifications Preferred
- College degree in a broadcast related field preferred, but not required.
3845 Pleasantdale Rd
Atlanta, Georgia, 30340
Encompass Digital Media is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work
being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be
construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform
duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.