POSITION PURPOSE - At HomeDepot.com, our award-winning e-Commerce team is blazing a trail of retail shopping innovation by leveraging cutting-edge technology with our 2,200+ store locations and a relentless focus on customer service.
The Manager, Digital Content Strategy leads a team that is responsible for gaining a deep understanding of customers’ preference for, and interaction with, content elements on HD.com and transforming this knowledge into actionable strategies. Manager must be adept at understanding both the experiential and analytical interpretation of the customer journey. Team management and motivation skills are a must as the manager will have the privilege of serving a large team of analysts and contractors. Experience with data analysis, strategy development and operational program development are a must. Experience with systems management, A/B testing, Site Catalyst, UX development, user testing, product optimization, SEO optimization and statistical analysis are desired.
The Manager will lead the creation and implementation of strategies and processes that optimize the efficiency of the digital content data management processes for both ecommerce and store products on homedepot.com. Manager will lead team in the execution of content strategy, optimization and implementation. We serve the customer by ensuring that HD.com’s content is present, of quality and is relevant to the customer’s journey, likewise we serve the organization by optimizing conversion and driving key KPIs.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 30% Manages the execution of complex special programs that typically involve business to business customers and internal functions.
- 20% Creates and implements processes to optimize the efficiency of product data collection. Enrolls internal functions and external partners in the development of work flow procedures and the ongoing monitoring and improvement of those procedures.
- 10% Collaborates with internal (marketing, merchandising, IT) and external (agencies, 3rd party vendors - Big Hammer, Escalate, Commerce Hub, Merchandise Suppliers) customers to develop processes and programs to drive timely execution of product data collection for homedepot.com; utilizes workload management to communicate with the merchants.
- 10% Responsible for external resource management. Manages outside vendors to ensure execution of programs and tactics on time and within budget. Manages projects and the allotment of money to meet budgetary and segment goals.
- 20% Coordinates and leads all internal functions in the execution of promotions and data collection on homedepot.com.
- 10% Trouble shoot and problem solve for ongoing operational needs as they arise.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Reports to Senior Manager, Digital Content
- Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of others. In addition to personnel issues -- including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 5
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Experience managing a team
- Experience with data analysis, strategy development and operational program development are a must.
- Understanding of basic corporate financial practices
- Experience with systems management, A/B testing, Site Catalyst, UX development, user testing, product optimization, SEO optimization and statistical analysis are desired
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Well-developed presentation skills (oral and written) computer skills required, specifically PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Ability to maintain composure and productivity in a dynamic environment
- Ability to approach problems systematically, researching all alternatives and making appropriate recommendations
- Ability to be deadline oriented with long and short-term projects
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.