You are a news and pop culture junkie.
You love puns, are a stand up comedian or you thrive on improv.
You follow every new social media trend and meme to watch the one-upmanship run amok.
You’re not afraid to make a few mistakes, or look a little silly from time to time.
You have a garage studio, a podcast, a public access cable show or a street art secret identity.
You don’t just have the idea, you make the idea too.
If any of the above describes you, we want to meet you.
J Walter Thompson’s Atlanta office is looking for an enterprising Studio Director to join a newly formed newsroom-style division. This division will spin fast and requires team members who think faster. We have the best of both worlds: We have the resources of J. Walter Thompson at our disposal, but we also have to be a little scrappy and entrepreneurial – so be prepared to roll up your sleeves and make a mess while making some magic.
The studio director will lead the development of a fully integrated content studio built to execute social and digital ideas at the speed of zeitgeist. Ideal candidates have the ability to proactively identify issues and the skill to implement changes in real-time against evolving priorities. Strong communication and collaboration are critical to understanding all stakeholder perspectives.
Long term goal is to build a team of makers that report into the studio director, ranging from producers, shooters and editors to designers and writers. For this reason the studio director must have the ability to take charge of coordinating and executing all aspects of a production, quickly assessing the skillsets needed to execute each job and identifying the right combination of people to work efficiently to get the job done.
- Build the processes and methodologies around how content will be quickly and efficiently produced
- Facilitate constant communication between all team members; be familiar with content strategy and brand strategy and how these practices impact creative ideation
- Manage daily workflow and burn to ensure profitability
- Generate new content demand with existing lines of business and sell content offering to new clients
- Jack of all Trades – help wherever he or she can
- An advocate for the client, strategy and creative
- Work with other leaders/departments
- Responsible for managing the production queue and resources on the jobs
- Responsible for defining budgets and schedules
- Responsible for job costing and reporting on actuals to determine profitability
- Responsible for collecting materials for case studies and capabilities pitches
- Responsible for archiving content
- Work with creative teams and strategist to find and develop stories to tell across all media like video, podcasts, articles, infographics
- Manage and/or oversee content program execution
- Should be fully credible on the various mediums from which content is received – from Facebook to Twitter to Instagram to VR to AR
- Should have creative sensibility
- Should be technically savvy (able to export videos in different formats, able to prep assets in photoshop, able to work with various web applications as needed)
Should be culturally aware
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent work experience College graduate
- Must have 5+ years of Creative Experience
- 10+ years of content experience at either an agency (i.e. Branded Entertainment Division), a media company (i.e. Brand Studio or creative shop) or working in a content group at a best-in-class story telling production company
- An understanding of media planning, distribution, and syndication of content.
- A track record of working on innovative, content heavy media programs
- Evidence of facilitating and initiating creative thinking in the digital space
- Ability and willingness to develop relationships and work with a wide array of external partners in content development, production and measurement, video distribution, seeding and social media
- Candidate should have a hunger for/be a participant in: new technology, new content solutions, social media events etc
- Experience in applying content development to brand-building initiatives is beneficial
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to integrate across cross-functional teams
- Client facing track record
- Committed to flawless execution
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.