The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
The Visual Media Group (visualmedia.jacobs.com) is a specialized visualization group within Jacobs Engineering (Jacobs.com). We provide a range of high quality visualization services ranging from 3D visualization, virtual and augmented reality solutions, custom graphics and videography solutions for both internal and external Jacobs clients. A candidate for this role would have exposure to the wider group and the variety of services we offer.
This position is for a part-time graphic designer to the Jacobs Visual Media Group. Experience with photography/photo editing, video/motion graphics and interactive media such as websites would be an advantage.
This position requires a candidate to be skilled at interpreting key messages and abstract ideas and turning these concepts into compelling, graphic media. Common deliverables this candidate would be responsible for producing include, but are not limited to: logos and branding strategies, infographics, wall displays, documents and documentation templates, posters, covers, banners, push cards, assets for web and interactive applications and presentations. A candidate would be expected to provide samples of work and recommendations to be considered for this position.
A candidate for this position should have a strong graphic design background and have the ability to create materials that engage a broad audience with a clear message. Additionally, we are seeking someone skilled at taking existing content and being able to quickly re-format this content to an impactful, high quality deliverable. Actively participating in brainstorming and storyboarding kick off sessions will also be an expectation of a candidate. During these brainstorming sessions and on projects, a candidate would be expected to offer creative ideas and solutions to issues that arise. A candidate should also have the ability to create materials and templates that align with either the Jacobs identity or specific project messages.
- HS Diploma, or equivalent required
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1-5 years experience with graphic design, or related field, required
- High expertise at creating high-quality graphic design materials and custom graphics and has the ability able to summarize technical information to quickly show abstract, complex information in a simple, visual format. This person should also have experience with typography, composition, color.
- Proficiency InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator; Strong skills with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Publisher); some experience with web and video development would be an advantage (i.e. After Effects, Premiere, Dreamweaver, WordPress, etc.)
- Skilled in both digital and print mediums. Embraces new technology and solutions
- Excellent communication skills, strong organizational skills, high attention to detail, and will take initiative.
- The candidate should also have the ability to work well with others, and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Ability to collaborate with both other Jacobs staff members, external clients and outside adjacencies (such as print shops). A candidate should also be able to handle the rejection of ideas
- Be a part of the team and provide storyboards/initial concepts from vague information, additionally be an active participant in brainstorming sessions
- Ability to work independently and proactive problem solver
- Flexible and able to adapt easily to changes under deadline pressure
Inspire others to new levels of creativity
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.