Great opportunity for the true entrepreneurial editor who is ready for the next challenge, it is a ripe opportunity to take a business plan and funding and be one of the founding team members that brings this eCommerce Business to life! This initiative blends the best of southern food, entertainment and lifestyle content together with the ability to buy products, highlighting unique products from artisans, craftsmen and retailers. The ideal candidate will thrive on a fast-paced and competitive marketplace and will relish the opportunity to grow a business quickly from its infancy to a significant e-commerce retailer.
This role is responsible for assisting with the production and quality of all content within the site, and requires both the ability to develop content strategically and the attention to detail to execute flawlessly. The scope of content includes not only written word but also video content, audio (podcast) content or any other form of content used to engage our audience.
- Support editor / content lead by organizing and executing day-to-day activities of content production.
- Coordinate content assignments with staff and freelance content producers.
- Proofread, edit and publish content materials for website and various distribution channels.
- May conduct regular meetings with contributing writers.
- Actively work with contributors on stories, providing editorial instructions, suggestions and guidance.
- Write articles and create content as needed and desired (includes researching, interviewing and compiling information).
- Ready to help execute negotiated contracts with freelance contractors.
- Review layouts, designs, articles and photographs from customer perspective as well as accuracy.
- Help refine and execute content vision for CMG’s eCommerce vertical – understanding customer needs and competitor offerings is integral to the process.
- Help establish a brand identity through content for the new eCommerce business –southern food enthusiast is preferred.
- Work closely with business, technical and sales staff to keep content vision and business strategies aligned.
- Minimum four year bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism or communications.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years editing experience.
- Strong working knowledge of AP style.
- Ability to manage people and tasks in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong understanding of content and online content practices, including an understanding of content display for web and mobile web devices.
- Strong understanding of and passion for new media, search engine optimization, audience engagement, emerging technologies, etc.
- A strong work ethic and commitment to achieving goals. Evidence of past successes in content and knowing readers will consume.
- Comfortable with data and analytics. Able to interpret metrics and use them to inform content decisions.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Able to represent the business in public forums.
- Demonstrated ability to work on a small team in a dynamic environment.
- Experience managing complex projects.