TITLE: Art Director
LOCATION: Duluth, GA
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 550 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
A creative problem solver. And that sounds simple. But you appreciate just how painstakingly hard simple can be. You know it requires distilling detailed plans and strategies into that elusive yet undeniably effective “big idea.” You crave this challenge, along with the reward of knowing your stunning visual concepts don’t just impress your clients—they get bona fide results.
Sound about right? We’re looking for you. We want someone to serve as design lead on creative projects that extend across our lines of business and reach audiences around the world. You’ll collaborate with designers, project managers and our Creative Director to produce stunning creative work under tight deadlines—exactly what you’ve come to expect.
Us? Well, we’re a global tech company that lives and breathes the mantra, “everyday, made easier.” Our technologies streamline commonplace tasks like picking up dry cleaning, getting a haircut, checking in for a flight, or buying postage stamps. As our Production Manager, you’ll help translate this experience for clients all over the world. We enable over 550 million transactions every day. But it’s our team—people just like you—that makes it all happen.
YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
• Produce and present the rationale behind sketches, mockups and storyboards
• Give detailed direction to designers and help support their education and development
• Provide artistic and brand direction at photo and video shoots
• Apply existing brand identity (typography, photography, color) to creative concepts that meet—no, exceed—client expectations and needs
• Translate marketing initiatives into winning ideas that work across platforms
• Create concepts with and without a copywriting partner
• Flawlessly juggle multiple projects under tough time constraints
PEOPLE DESCRIBE YOU AS:
• Equally—and uncannily—adept at creating brilliant work and explaining the logic behind it.
• Someone who lights up the room and commands respect without ever letting ego get in the way of getting a job well done.
• Quick-witted with a strong opinion while remaining open to new ideas and able to gracefully give and receive feedback.
• Grounded and yet an eternal optimist no matter how tough things get or what obstacles you happen upon (even if they’re thrown your way).
• Borderline obsessed with innovation. You never tire of learning about the latest trends and best practices because you know staying on your toes is the key to your longevity
• A strong portfolio showcasing your work
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related degree
• Proven ability to lead, motivate and inspire both internal and external creative team members
• 8 years’ experience as an art director—agency experience a plus; agency AND corporate environments earn you bonus points
• Knowledge of PowerPoint
• Ability to work in Sketch, OmniGraffle and AfterEffects a plus
NOTE: Please sent us your online portfolio together with resume.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
: North America-United States-Georgia-Duluth
: Oct 6, 2016, 12:00:00 AM