The Content Manager will be responsible for creating, improving and maintaining content to support the overall communications strategy for Oldcastle and achieve our overall business goals. Primary responsibility includes researching, sourcing, writing and editing and curating interesting content for various communication channels.
This position will also be responsible for the production of company newsletters (print and electronic), development of presentations, maintaining intranet sites and external websites, managing, supporting the communications team with content for multi-channel distribution and expanding the company’s social media presence.
The ideal candidate is an experienced professional with demonstrable creative writing coupled with CMS and social media skills. As a Content manager, you should perform well under deadlines and be detail-oriented.
- Collaborates across functions to deliver an effective content strategy and editorial plan to meet the business objectives
- Develop and maintain an editorial calendar
- Create and publish engaging content
- Build a photo and collateral archive
- Edit, proofread and improve messaging
- Development of editorial governance so content is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone.
- Use content management systems to analyze website traffic and users engagement metrics
- Build, manage and expand the company’s social media profiles and presence
- Channel management of digital content hubs and all supporting social channels including email / newsletter distribution.
- Solid understanding of basic best practices of communication channels, which content and approaches work on each and why
Actively hunt, gather and tell stories — see connections where others don’t
- 2+ years as a writer/content manager ( experience in the B2B industry preferred), maintaining a high-impact, high-paced editorial calendar
- Excellent writing skills
- Knowledge of journalism standards and best practices, as well as AP style
- Highly organized & proactive with strong ownership sensibility and a true passion for content curation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – Oral and written
- Interpersonal savvy- Relates well to all levels of people in and out of the organization
- Attention to detail; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Hands on experience with CMS (including SharePoint and Joomla) and MS Office Suite
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Ability to successfully manage multiple schedules and projects simultaneously
- Team-oriented and collaborative with the ability to manage relationships with internal and external partners
- Experience creating content for the web and growing a social audience
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of quality results
- Experience with graphic design is a plus
Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Join our Talent Community to receive an email newsletter with hot jobs & career advice. Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
Oldcastle is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.