Content Writer - Retirement
Atlanta, GA (Vinings area)
50K - 55K
Would you like to put your retirement background and writing expertise to work at an Atlanta-based company considered a global leader in its field? Would you like to contribute to the success of a growing education and training team that develops course content for professional development courses for the insurance, retirement, and financial services industry? Our client, an international research and education association, is looking for a Writer, Learning Content with outstanding writing and editing skills, solid retirement knowledge and experience, and strong analytical ability to join our team.
Our client serves the training and development needs of its 1,200 member companies with the design and delivery of high-quality self-study learning materials in nine languages. More than 40,000 individuals across the world enroll for our courses and programs as a part of their professional development.
In this exciting and challenging role, the Writer, Learning Content writes and edits college-level insurance, financial services, and retirement industry educational materials for a variety of educational programs. The Writer, Learning Content works as part of a process-oriented development team involved in creating digital textbooks, online content, and instructor-led training programs. The Writer, Learning Content also works with other internal writers and online developers, as well as subject-expert industry reviewers, consultants, and other external professionals.
- Participate in research and analysis of subject fields related to educational programs and courses
- Develop course objectives, learning objectives, and content outlines for courses
- Design, write, and edit curriculum materials (PDF textbooks, study aids, online learning modules, instructor materials, etc.)
- Work independently and in a team environment with other staff authors, industry experts, reviewers, and outside consultants in the development of original textbooks, online learning courses, instructor-led training courses, and other materials
- Provide input regarding the creative design of text-based courses or online content and proofread copy during the content production process
Minimum requirements for the position include:
- A four-year college degree or higher; preference may be given to qualified candidates who majored in Finance, Insurance, Accounting, or Business disciplines
- Experience in or sound knowledge of retirement topics, developed through work experience, education and training, or both. A successful candidate will be familiar with many of these topics:
- retirement systems (retail and institutional) including stakeholders, markets, principles, products and plans
- tax issues
- marketing/business acquisition
- Outstanding analytical ability and writing and editing skills, as demonstrated on a writing work sample
- Excellent interpersonal skills including capacity to communicate effectively and tactfully with industry leaders and experts, representatives of member companies, committee members, and project team members
- Excellent research skills
- Knowledge of proofreading techniques and textual editing
- Excellent time management skills, organization skills, and attention to detail, as well as the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Solid computer skills including expertise in Word; experience in SharePoint, Adobe-Reader, and Excel a plus
Our client offers rich, competitive benefits including medical/dental/life insurance/disability benefits, paid vacation, and various other benefits that you will be eligible for on your start date!