The head of content production and operations supports content / messaging and value proposition development for key / priority campaigns going across several businesses, portfolio elements and target audiences, developing content based on content gap analysis, facilitating content alignment and efficiency through a centralized, consolidated and coordinated methodology for content lifecycle management. This leader manages an adequately resourced content center of excellence for content across education, solution and selection stage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and oversee content, messaging and value proposition creation and content operations for key campaigns, ensuring sustainable content availability for all stages (Education, Solution, Selection), buying centers and personas based on identified market, organizational and individual customer needs.
- Create comprehensive, enterprise-wide visibility for the strategy, people, processes, technology and measurement that contribute to improved content lifecycle management
- Conduct a first-time content audit (if not already in place) for owned and third-party Web sites, customer portals, partner portals and internal data repositories; use a phased approach and a timeline that enables effective management of the scope and scale of the audit
- Perform annual content audits and oversee ongoing maintenance of content library
- Support assigned content strategy development with research and information gathering on audience challenges and needs, interactions and asset preferences
- Leverage industry trends, corporate brand and solution value propositions to craft quality content
- Engages with the Demand Center, Program Managers, Communication Business Partners and SMEs to understand their needs for customer engagement, adds in specific requirements from sales channels for selling tools and focuses the content development budget on the set of content that will result in the greatest business result.
- Create and/or manage the creation of primary and derivative assets for some or all of the following: inbound and outbound digital marketing; paid, earned and owned channels; Education-Solution-Selection focused content
- Manage content lifecycle workflow for assigned content types from creation through approvals, editing, publishing/activation, measurement, curation and maintenance
- Make recommendations for optimizing content quality, processes and activation channel choices based on analysis
- Expert-level understanding of the role of content in creating buying preference across multiple demand types, personas, and buying process stages.
- Experience setting and propagating editorial standards in an external-facing B2B organization
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills, including the ability to write in different styles for different audience types and goals (i.e. demand, thought leadership, sales enablement, tech writing)
- Has understanding and ability to determine optimal channels for message delivery, balancing, cost and impact.
- Prior experience in markets or technologies related to Siemens business interests is a plus
- Able to work with cross-functional team members in roles that include both upstream content contributors and downstream content activators
- Proficient in crafting content based on brand and product messages and audience profiles
- Able to map content to the buyer or other audience persona journey
- Able to link content to campaign themes and goals
- Able to present plans and results to cross-functional team members, including management
- Proficient in project management and interviewing
- Able to manage content process workflow and inventory maintenance
- Excellent communicator, including keen listening skills
- Fast learner, able to understand new technologies and implement changes to process Empathetic to buyers, customers, users and sales resources
Detail oriented, well organized, efficient with time management
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES :
Supervises multiple employees, contractors and a network of agencies. Maintains performance management responsibilities for employees.
Deep understanding of content, messaging, value proposition production and development. Company sales methodology and go-to-market plans, along with pipeline and Demand Waterfall/funnel basics. Company strategy, brand and value proposition, company culture and attitudes
- Travel – up to 20%
- Ability to establish and sustain working relationships with key senior stakeholders in Siemens
- Key capabilities: cross-organizational collaboration, exceptional skills in managing executive office operations
- Ability to facilitate complex external and internal networks associated with policy and design
BS/BA in related discipline required, advanced degree a plus.
- 10+ years of b-to-b content experience, preferably a blend of content strategy, content management, and content analytics experience
Proven experience leading change and building consensus in a highly matrixed organizational structure .
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.