Social Media Production And Events Coordinator
Police Services 32
APD POLICE ADMINISTRATION
POSTING EXPIRES: June 8th 2016
The Atlanta Police Department Public Affairs Unit is looking for someone with a unique set of skills.
Do your friends look to you on Facebook and Twitter for the latest trends and ideas? Are you someone who is obsessed with social media and is creative, informative and thoughtful when interacting with online communities and building relationships?
Do you have experience with shooting video and editing that video into short attention getting pieces? Are you highly organized and can assist in planning departmental events?
This position is integral to the Atlanta Police Department and reports to the Special Events Coordinator and the Director of Public Affairs.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Monitor and engage on various social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Vine, Periscope and Instagram.
- Create/Produce/Edit video content
- Communicate exciting Departmental news through several internal/external channels
- Increase the Department’s followers/likes/viewers through targeted contests, campaigns that you create.
- Create and maintain a content editorial calendar
- Track website statistics and measure social media metrics quarterly and annually
- Attend departmental events so as to convey real time social media messaging
Experience with social media marketing and production experience is mandatory. The ideal candidate is passionate about all things social media, and has a strong interest in developing new content for our numerous social media channels. Applicant must be proficient with Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Vine, Periscope and Instagram. The candidate should be comfortable shooting video from a production grade camera such as a Panasonic P2 Camera and familiarity with Adobe Premiere Pro editing system.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Must be detail oriented, team player and technologically savvy
- Must be comfortable with Microsoft Products
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, priorities and deadlines
- Highly organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Flexible and proactive in taking on assignments and responsibilities, and willingness to learn
- Ability to proofread
- Fearless – not afraid to be a bold and outside the box thinker.
- Should be able to operate video camera and do basic video editing
- Should have robust personal social media followers/likes
- Demonstrated experience developing social media marketing campaigns
- 2+ years of experience in communications and video production and editing
- Experience with detail‐driven projects preferably in a communications department
- Background in Marketing, Communication, or other related discipline.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
Position is based at Atlanta Public Safety Headquarters, downtown Atlanta.