About Sourced :
Sourced is a service-based business focused on giving our clients more time. We recognize our clients only have 24 hours in a day to accomplish many goals. It is our job to help our clients get more done in those 24 hours. We offer business services by the hour, such as marketing, bookkeeping, and office management. In addition, our clients have the added benefit of personal assistance as well. So for all aspects of their lives, our clients can focus on what is important and delegate the rest to Sourced .
All applicants please provide a resume, samples of work, and references.
Summary of Position:
Sourced is seeking a strong Content Writer who will be responsible for managing copywriting and content across multiple platforms and formats, including but not limited to blog posts, emails, events, promotional copy, social media, and sales collateral that attracts visitors to our clients’ website, social media outlet, and drive sales. Candidate must be an original thinker and a story-generating machine who creates compelling and engaging content tied to goals individually set by each client.
The position requires a problem solver who works well with others and builds effective relationships. Candidate must be creative, preferably with a journalism background, and has the ability to craft messages in various tones of voice. Must have an understanding on how content fits into the overall client’s overall business strategy, and be comfortable adapting and changing based on client’s needs and direction. Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and juggling multiple projects at a time.
Candidate has ability to work remotely but will be expected to attend company meetings in person. This position is contracted by the hour. Hours will be determined by amount of work requested by clients.
- Write original content that is intriguing, innovative, readable, and highly shareable, including, but not limited to, blogs, website content, video scripts, newsletters, email copy, landing page copy, infographics and social media messaging as needed
- Make suggestions and recommendations on how clients can continue to improve their content, and execute on those recommendations based on client’s direction
- Edit and proof-read content and website messaging on a continual basis for each client
- Identify and leverage new SEO trends, behaviors and technologies to optimize efforts and drive engagement
- Be an important stakeholder in the editorial voice multiple clients driven by their individual goals and target audiences
- Compose two blog posts per week for Sourced
- Must be adept at writing long and short and creating a coherent story that lives under our overall brand tone and style. Superior writing and editing skills are a must
- Exceptional communication skills, i.e. written and verbal, to develop a wide-range of materials, and ability to interact effectively with different target demographics. This includes impeccable communication skills over email and replies in a short amount of time
- Strong judgment on what makes a good story, and have the writing expertise to prove
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects effectively—excellent planning, project management, and organizational skills
- Maintain a deep understanding of client business goals and marketing objectives, translating them into digital objectives/strategies
- Ability to provide clear direction to others
- Attention to detail, strong follow-through, and the demonstrated ability to manage deadlines with a do-whatever-it-takes philosophy without sacrificing quality
- Proven track record of being a creative storyteller, especially translating data into compelling stories/headlines
- A sense of energy and passion for our clients, and overall can-do, positive attitude within our business
- Demonstrate curiosity, humility and a constant urge to learn and improve
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Working knowledge of SEO
- Journalism background is preferred
Why Join Sourced :
Sourced is a new startup with opportunities for team members to be a part of creating something new and different. Our business operates in a strong, closely collaborative team environment where each team member will feel valued and an integral part of the company’s success. In this role, each day will be different as each of our client’s needs are different. Currently, this function can be performed remotely with the exception of attending team meetings in person.
As we grow, this role will have the ability to be flexible based on your individual needs and goals.
Job Type: Contract
- Content Marketing: 2 years
- Writing: 2 years
- Journalism: 1 year