The Senior Director, Demand Generation & Content Marketing is responsible for leading the development and execution of comprehensive, measurable, strategic marketing strategies to meet business objectives. This individual supports and partners with the Cox Automotive Media Group Sales organization to develop business-to-business strategies and marketing programs that facilitate the development of products, campaigns/communications, sales enablement assets and tools that help drive top-line business results.
This role will partner and work very closely with Media Group Sales Operations, National Accounts, Dealer Sales, and Technology team members to lead the strategy and activation of customer demand generation programs, content and product marketing, and sales enablement.
The ideal candidate is a strong leader with proven success in leading large teams and successfully collaborating cross-functionally.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides strategic direction and oversight to CRM team responsible for CRM strategy, deployment, and audience management and optimization across all audience channels.
- Partners with Dealer Sales and key Business Units in the development / delivery of customer relationship marketing programs that leverage customer segmentation and customer life cycle management as a means of increasing product penetration and customer loyalty across the Cox Automotive media group.
- Manages Cox Automotive Media Group Marketing email COE to support dynamic email needs of business units.
- Develops demand generation and CRM capabilities in order to execute targeted episodic marketing campaigns, aimed at specific customer segments by life cycle stage, market segment, “best fit” product solutions, and geography which drive leads to the sales funnel.
- Builds email campaigns for all dealer sales segments, national accounts and consumer-targeted campaigns – to build demand and engagement with our products and offerings.
Sales Enablement and Product Marketing
- Manages the Sales Enablement and Product Marketing teams responsible for supporting the sales strategy in National Accounts including presentation and collateral support for National Accounts, product marketing collateral for clients, activation and engagement plans for National Accounts and Dealer Sales to interact with clients.
- Oversees and drives marketing strategy around collateral and tools used to showcase products for dealer sales and national accounts, e.g. one sheeters, videos, and webinars.
- Leads the team responsible for local sales engagement planning and implementation, providing local market competitive information for the sales team, and custom marketing programs, insights, and campaigns.
- Leads proactive strategy on communications with clients to gain awareness and engagement with our content and products.
- Supports the launch of new dealer and OEM facing products with comprehensive marketing launch plans.
- Develops content that is scalable and customizable to target all client segments – proactively plan content and needs based on each group.
- Develops core relationships with cross-functional team to lead development of collaborative approach to sales enablement + client marketing.
- Engages key internal stakeholders (executives, functional leaders) to gain required approvals and ensure business alignment across Media.
- Leads, coaches, and mentors team members.
- 10+ years of experience in Marketing, preferably in a mid- to large-size corporation. Experience should include 5+ years in a senior marketing leadership role
- Extensive automotive industry knowledge a must
- Experience with B2B Marketing for a company with a portfolio of products/ services
- Strong analytical skillset.
- 5+ years of people management experience required; experience developing, coaching and motivating future marketing leaders
- Ability to manage and prioritize heavy work load and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Workload may demand working extended hours as necessary. Some travel is required, up to 40%
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to work effectively with senior leaders and other key stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Experience planning and overseeing a multi-million dollar marketing budget.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or other related field; MBA or graduate degree preferred
Organization : Cox Automotive
Primary Location : US-GA-Atlanta-3003 Summit Blvd
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Executive
Shift : Day Job -
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Unposting Date : Ongoing