CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Radio
JOB TYPE: Temporary / Per Diem / Freelance
JOB SCHEDULE: Part-Time
JOB LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
CBS RADIO is one of the largest major-market broadcast media operators in the United States and the undisputed leader in news and sports radio. Producing original audio and video content, live events and exclusive programming broadcast via on-air, online and mobile platforms, CBS RADIO reaches more than 72 million consumers nationwide each week. As a part of CBS Corporation, the division owns and operates 117 radio stations in 26 markets - including the top 10 as ranked by Nielsen Audio - as well as an extensive array of digital assets. CBS RADIO distributes its programming via AM, FM and HD Radio stations, Radio.com and CBS Local Digital Media apps, making engaging with audiences easier than ever before. For more information, please visit www.cbsradio.com.
CBS Radio's Atlanta Station, V-103/WVEE is looking for creative and entertaining talent to join it's team. The successful candidate must be an excellent communicator and very creative with solid production skills. A strong knowledge of the format, it's audience, phone skills, good on-air voice and successful track record a must. This position will be responsible to work fill-in shifts, holidays, and weekends.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities Include
- Creating original content and performing live broadcasts that are entertaining and informative.
- Participating and creating original content for all social media platforms; managing online personality presence.
- Protecting the station’s FCC license.
- Monitoring the music and commercial logs for the airshift.
- Ensuring that promotions and contests are executed properly.
- Operating the control board and performing production work.
- Making personal appearances at station events and remote broadcasts.
- Other duties as required by management.
1+ years on-air broadcast experience preferred; Excellent communication and voice skills; Knowledge of PromoSuite, Audio Vault or Prophet Systems preferred. Programming skills a plus, but not necessary. Should possess strong knowledge of FCC policies. If considered, you will be prompted to submit your audio MP3 of 3MB or less (and not one single megabyte more). Must be available to work fill-in shifts, holidays, and weekends.